CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Is It Real Son, Is It Really Real?



CLICK HERE FOR THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE

I've always been interested in knowing which rappers are from the street for real and which ones are just puppets to the game. A good amount of rap is the glorification of violence and the street life. It's convo I've had with my brother back and forth over the years. Joey Crack though has sonned the debate and just admitted it. He is a rapper who portrays a gangster. He in real life is a hard-working married father of four. It brings up the question, do you want the artists you admire to be real or fake? Yes it's entertainment but music appeals to your character in a lot of aspects. You feel what these people speak from singing to rapping it across that beat. I enjoy certain peoples music because I can relate it to my life. So if music is going to relate to your real life should it be presented by a real person rather than a character? Fat Joe said "Most of my music is entertainment, stuff I've never done in my life," he says. "I put it on records, and it just sounds crazy. I love making provocative, disrespectful music. And that's what the people want to hear." Interesting statement but by soundscan stats in this download for free world, His record didn't push 50K in its first week which is horrible. It's funny all the records I've enjoyed by this man seemed to be the only ones where he wasn't portraying the hard-ass dude. "I Won't Tell" , "All I Need" and "What's Love" seem like they come from his real life. I don't understand why he has gone his whole career faking it when he could do these radio friendly songs,get paid and be true. Obviously the people don't want what he is pushing.The public is smarter than what these radio execs think. You want to respect someone for being real but this dude been fake for like 13 years lol. It's funny though I've always thought he is gangster swag was just a tad bit FORCCCCCED. This dude really said he rarely drinks and has only smoked once. What a clown !!!

0 comments: