CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

So Young, So Lil' . . .




Whose your favorite Rapper? Does His stage name begin with Lil or Young ? The favorite rappers on my list for the moment don't have either of the two monikers in their names, although I do respect one of the Lils who has become a regular in the mixtape assault tactic lol. I just find it funny that you worked your ass off to become a man but soften that proclamation by going by a Lil or Young. Yes this is the entertainment industry but name another genre of music that waters down their worth with these monikers. If you look at the state of hip-hop in general it has taken a trip to the south and stayed there for awhile. Which isn't bad because we've seen good music come out of it. But with a few names from different regions, the south is where these most of these monikers reside. Maybe it is the elements, I could be missing something extremely important in understanding this. I reside in the south but am mentally, a east coast Boston breed YOUNG man. I say young man because I don't believe I've reached the exact level to proclaim myself a man. But Im close, hence the young man part. Do each of these rappers have that explanation to explain their current stage names?

Photobucket

I recall another teeny bopper rapper who came out with "LIL" then removed it around the time he turned 18. That makes sense to me.He came into the game young and little but by the time he got to the legal age he didnt feel the word defined him properly. I never cared for his cockyness but you have to respect him. Note to reporters and industry insiders can you please add to your interview questions "What made you pick your name ?" since I'm unable to politic with these people on a regular basis. Some of them are in their 30's talking about "YOUNG" this & that . Sorry but I laugh at you YOUNG rappers lmao.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Well Young.... started with Hov. Then Jeezy. Lil was too widely spread... but everyone who had Lil has dropped it... or added to it.

Anonymous said...

if you are older than 18, lil should not be used in your stage name. .but then again, why start out with "lil" if you know you're gonna want to drop it one day when you become a "grown-up" BOW WOW!!!. .Jeezy needs to change his name to strictly Jeezy cause that's what everybody calls him anyway. .Bow Wow is still "Lil" because he may have big money, but he's still a baby in my eyes. .ugh. .children. .