CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

St. Valentine's Day: Media . . . Love . . . and Chivalry

Hehehehehe . . . So the day is here again. I'm single as usual. Not really caring either. The fact that I've never been in a relationship on Valentine's Day just makes me numb to the whole pagan holiday. I'm not sulking about being lonely like the next girl and guy I know lol. People fail to realize that today is simply big to YOU because you choose to feed into the hoopla. The media is pushing it down your throat and you are falling for it. Who but YOU can tell YOU that you need love. Why are you trying to measure up to what the media says. Personally if I was in a relationship I'd be trying throughout the year to butter and romance my lady so she need not look towards valentine's day for special treatment and gifts.

Now on another note who wants to fall to love? See some people fall in love and some fall TO love. Their personalities fall to the sucker for love syndrome. Signs of this are apparent in their actions. Has their personality been tweaked? Has it done a total 36o? Umm does your tough friend all of a sudden act like a "pussy" (men only). Do you wonder why your girl that was always a close friend to you is suddenly distant and never around ? If there is a significant other involved then they probably are suffering from the sucker for love syndrome. That shit breaks thousands of friendships up a year lol. They do dumb stupid shit because they are in love. Frankly i hate it. He cheats on you, you run back to him. She fucks your cousin and you rub it off. She is pregnant with another mans baby and you stay by her side, Like she aint dog you out like kebbles and bits. Trey Songz couldnt help but wait, but ummm why you want a shawty that will even stand and take that mess? I couldn't put up with a pushover. Not saying I don't want to fall in love but falling TO LOVE . . . . naaaaaaaaa.. . . im good on that one. It's just not in my personality trait pimpin' lol.

Last but not least how about chivalry in 2008 . . . yes I know ladies, chivalry is usually geared towards the male going out of his way for you beautiful women. But come on now, as far as woman have come to properly being accepted as equal including your right to vote etc. Can't we the males be treated special? I mean damn this isn't just a valentine's day thing. If you have a special guy and he is doing you right either in or out a relationship from time to time you need to cater to him a bit. We watch those goofy-giggle-emo-lovey movies , cuddle you when you feel lonely and my SOME of us even step to the store to pick you up tylenol and a slew of other female products just so your comfortable during THAT time. Give us a break lol . . It's really elementary to me when I think of all the girls who are mad nobody did anything for them on valentine's day although THEY didn't raise a finger to try and cater to a man on valentine's day themselves. . . lol just a thought.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree!!! When Valentine's Day was getting closer and closer I was a little disappointed at the fact that its another year without a Valentine and then I thought to myself and I said self, who the fuck cares??? Whenever or if ever I get a main guy in my life, I want him to celebrate our love EVERYDAY so that when Valentine's day comes I can be like oh please!! We go out to dinner every week anyway or he treats me like a princess anyway!! As far as the catering to men, I know for a fact that I ALWAYS have some guy around helping me with something. .and as I think back to the things that I've done for them. . .its really not that much. .I think all females should make it their mission to treat our guys like the wonderful men they are!! As for me, in 2008 I will continue to show love to the special men in my life whether its my father or my brothers or my best friend or my boo-love or my baaaaaabez!! HA!! I am surprisingly happy today and I will not mope around like somebody died. .Forget about the fact that you don't have a Valentine and remember that love is not a "couples only" emotion. .Celebrate with those you care about but not just on today but EVERYDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Well dont u have alot to say Monsieur lolz But I def feel u on the whole Vday thing..Itz overrated and ur rite when u say people feed into it..A so called holiday shouldnt b the only day that ur man or woman caters to u..I personally feel like luv has lost its meanin and people juss misinterpret luv for all these different selfish things but lets not get into all that lolzz U made sum very valid points...Well said =]